It’s a website that provides information on website traffic. It is a sub branch of Amazon.com.
I am going to emphasize the importance of Alexa in the article below and explain the things you need to do to get you Alexa rank higher. Lastly, I will supply you with 20 methods to increase your Alexa popularity.
What is an Alexa Rank?
This is a service that uses its toolbar users to measure the traffic of a website and ranks them accordingly.
For more information visit: http://www.alexa.com/site/help/traffic_learn_more and then go to the Alexa Traffic Rank page.
Why should an Alexa rank be raised?
Webmasters, advertisers and ad networks rate your page according to its Alexa rank. If you have a site with a high rank you will gain popularity, traffic and also make more revenue off advertisements.
Networks like ReviewMe, TextLinkAds and Sponsored Reviews are ad networks that rate your website according to its Alexa rank.
Alexa Rank Problems
Alexa is a website that is at a higher level in the league of webmaster or computer/internet websites that provide technical support. This is due to the fact that webmasters themselves, use the Alexa toolbar and encourage their visitors to do the same. But websites that are not related to the might not even be aware of Alexas existence. (there are exceptions of course)
As a result, it is said that Alexa doesn’t implement proper methods sn ranking other websites popularities. I agree to this. What do you think?
Even though Alexa is not an effective and sufficient way to measure traffic, there is nothing we can do but use it ourselves, as it is widely used.
When it comes to monetization strategies, Alexa is the most important service provider in this matter.
Starting With Alexa
There are two easy ways to start using Alexa:
• If you’re using Internet Explorer go to http://www.alexa.com/site/download/ page and install the Alexa Toolbar software.
• Mozilla Firefox users can download a program that uses Google PageRank, Alexa rank and has some nifty features too at: http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/ and download the Search Status Extension program.
How to Raise Alexa Rank
Initially, your rank will be in the millions, to lower this to the 100,000s you can use some methods. It is rather hard to lower this to the 10.000s and 1.000s though. The competition between websites will make it harder for you to gain ranks in Alexa.
Some sources say that there are no ways to fool the Alexa figures, whilst others assume that, by using auto-surf or with the help of scripts you can make a few changes to these figures.
Either true or false, to understand the methods talked about, it is best to try out a few of the methods we will be listing below.
20 Ways to Raise Alexa rank
We have come to the section where we list the 20 methods you can utilize to raise your Alexa Rank. You can see the source that I compared notes and got help from at the bottom of the list.
Do these tips work? Yes, but, after applying these steps it is vital that you show an active effort and use good, original content in your site. Instead of copying and pasting what someone else has written, try to create your own original articles and content. Also, you can gain popularity by translating texts from other languages, if this source material is not available in your country.
1. Load up the SearchStatus extension for the Alexa Toolbar or Firefox and organise it so that it is your homepage. This is the main step.
2. Add a Alexa Rank Widget to your webiste.
3.Try to compel other users (webmasters, your friends, your sites visitors and your blog readers) into using the Alexa Toolbar.
4. Do you work in an office? Load up the Alexa toolbar or the SS Firefox accessory to all the computers and organise it so that the homepage is your website or the page of your blog.
5. Ask of your friends or the visitors of your site to examine your site through Alexa and to give you points to your site. I dont exactly know how effective this would be. But you can see the benefits of this method one day.
6. Write about Alexa. Webmasters and blog writers like to read about different methods so that they can boost up their Alexa rank value. When you write articles about Alexa this will result in webmasters giving your site links. In this way you will see an increase in your sites traffic.
7. Share your websites address(URL) in webmaster forums. Webmasters are usually the ones who most use the toolbar. In this way you will ensure that webmasters visit your site and they will feel free to share their views.
8.Write content about webmasters. Writing about topics such as SEO and domain can be beneficial. Because most webmasters who are interested in these topics are users of the Alexa Toolbar. Also you can discuss your sites content in chat sites(social networking sites).
9. Use the Alexa directs accessory of your websites URL. Try this method:
http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?www.ultravb.com in place of microproject.com you can write your own sites address.You can use the directed URL in your sites comments section or in your forum signatures. This direction will ensure earnings for you once in a day for every unique IP address. With this reason clicking on and address that has been directed many times will bring you no earnings.
10.Write a message on social networking sites or forums that were prepared for users in Asia. According to some sources Korea and Hong Kong users are big fans of the Alexa Toolbar.
11. Open up a Webmaster tools section on your website. For an example of this you can examine Aaron Walls website.
12. Try to take a place in Diggs or similar communities. You can ensure this of happening by writing quality content.
13. Benefit from PayPerClick campaigns. You can boost your site straffic up by publishing your advertisements on Google and high traffic receiving search engine programs. The advetisement that you have published will be effective if your sites content is about webmasters and topics such as technical help.
14. Create an Alexa category on your blog page. Publish here your articles on Alexa and news about Alexa. In this way webmasters can more easily access information about Alexa on your website.
15. Optimise your popular articles. Do you have articles that have received high traffic from search engines? Use Alexa directions for your sites inner connections.
16. Buy banner or text link from Webmaster forums and sites. A well prepared advertisement will pull in alot of visitors to your site.
17. Find forum writers in order to keep your website alive. Give trustworthy users an opportunity to publish their articles on your site regularly. Prevent users that write on your site from sending messages using the copy paste technique. Definitely never use plagarised material. When quoting someone always make clear the sources you have used.
18. If there is an internet cafe owner that you know of, you can request from them to load up the Alexa Toolbar to their computers and also to organise their computers homepage to be the homepage of your site. If this person is very insistent you can offer them technical help as a bribe(if you are informed on this topic).
19. Use MySpace. By using visual material and by sending clicks to the Alexa direction you can boost the popularity of your website. But this does not exactly mean that your website is being visited.
20.Use the Alexa Auto-Surf tools. Does this work? It could possibly help new websites. This method could work for websites with a very low Alexa rank value.